At BYU my wonderful roommates and I started a crazy little tradition for celebrating Groundhog Day. We threw a little party with our friends where we read the story Stone Soup and then made our own stone soup to eat while we hung out. I don't know if anyone else remembers, but I have no idea how we actually decided to pair the two things together. But each year we traditionally wish each other a Happy Groundhog Day and some of us manage to make stone soup on that day. I've only had the opportunity to really celebrate the day one other time since I've been back in Calif., so this year I decided to host a party again. Actually, I provided the details and the crazy idea and my friends the Mackay's hosted the party at their house. A couple of Evan's brothers and their families joined us.
Saying Goodbye for 2
2 months ago
5 comments:
Yay for Stone Soup day! It was celebrated all the way from CA to DE, after all these years...
Hey there! How come you never invited me???? Just kidding....it sure is fun to read your blog and see what you are up to.
What a fun tradition!
I thought I'd answer your question here...as far as I know you do have to add your links every time you change your background. I usually just copy them into my notepad and then paste them back into the code after the change. Makes it quick and easy. That's what I know so if you hear differently, let me know.
If you have suggestions for twilight discussions let me know, too. I'm running low with new ideas!
What a fun post, Habakkukie!! How fun to run into the Mackays here, too. :) They are awesome. And so are you!!!
If you can believe it, we FORGOT it was Groundhog's day. This is after hosting a class Groundhog's day party last year for Clyn's class! Good grief. Well, I'm glad he saw his shadow, because we're having some rough weather here and wish to go back to winter!
Love ya. :)
That was a fun night! Hooray for Stone Soup!
Post a Comment