Sunday, August 16, 2009

Howard Family Reunion - Lake Tahoe

I meant to post this at the same time I posted China, but something interupted me and I'm finally getting back to it. The first week of August we held our first ever Clarence & Arlene Howard family reunion, and it was a blast! We rented a house up in South Lake Tahoe and for the most part never left it, we had so much fun within. The house was huge, sleeping all 19 adults and 2 children. We especially had fun with the ping pong, billiards and air hockey tables. Deven smartly organized a tournament for each game and we really did enjoy a game playing bonanza. The winners?
Billiards - Nathan
Air Hockey - Christopher
Ping Pong - Aaron


Of course, we also made sure to play our other favorites - Ticket to Ride, Acquire, Canasta, Settlers of Catan.....

Tuesday night we had a talent show where we displayed the amazing gifts our parents passed down to us.... or maybe we acquired them somewhere else along the way. Below we have the Kung Fu Howards. They really know how to exercise.


We were also very fortunate to be able to take a family picture with everyone being present (don't know when that will happen again for a long time). Despite the grumbling from those who don't like to spend time figuring out poses, we will have an amazing picture to remember it all with. The pictures below were taken at the same time, but you'll have to wait to see the family pic... our perfectionist brother has to put the finishing touches on it still.






Grandpa Eric enjoyed time with Conner.
And I can never get enough of this kiddo!


Happy 73rd Grandpa/Dad!
This was the one day we took a quick trip out to the lake. It was actually cold!









3 comments:

Schumanns said...

How fun! I can just hear all you Howards laughing,esp mom!!

Char said...

Makes me wish I were a Happy Howard!

Michelle said...

Love the Kung Fu Howards! Wish I could have seen that one. :)
Hey, where's the picture of everyone all together?
Looks like an awesome time. Family is the best.